Friday, July 21, 2017

Colores de Carol Romantique Collection (A Nail Polish Society Collaboration)



Hello my wonderful Society Sisters! I am so excited about today's post because I finally get to show off this collection I've been collaborating on with Colores de Carol! Born from my affinity for brown polish, I had made the suggestion of a holographic collection that was all neutral. The lovely and talented Carolina ran with it and came up with eight gorgeous shimmery, holographic, creme shades. Then I did my thing (my favorite hobby inside of a hobby) and came up with all the names. 

I wanted to come up with a theme that fit the mood of all the shades and tied them together. The soft, neutral color palette exuded a sort of intangible feeling of intimacy and romance. The stream of consciousness flowed as I envisioned a sensuous laid-back woman; beauty that comes from a quiet confidence; those sophisticated Parisian women with a certain.. je ne sais quoi. And so the Romantique theme was imagined with French derived names that I feel fit each shade very nicely. Let's take a look..



Demure is a soft pinky beige creme linear holographic with a subtle peach shimmer to it, micro pink flecks and micro silver holo glitter. I kept staring at this shade wondering, how can something so subtle be so gorgeous? It's one of my faves! The coverage looked good in two coats, but I did a third just to be sure. Shown with top coat.




Au Naturel is a soft cool toned beige creme linear holographic with a delicate white/silver shimmer to it and micro silver holo glitter. I love again the very subtle shimmer in this one. Shown is two coats plus top coat.



Ingenue is a soft apricot beige creme linear holographic with golden shimmer and micro silver holo glitter. This shimmer is much more obvious in this shade a gives it an almost reflective quality to it that is so pretty. The coverage looked good in two coats, but I did a third just to be sure. Shown with top coat.



Coquette is a blush pink creme linear holographic with a gold shimmer, red flecks and micro silver holo glitter. This shade is so lovely and unique with the little surprise of tiny red flecks. Another one of my favorites. Shown is two coats plus top coat.



Rendezvous is a mid-tone coppery brown creme linear holographic with gold shimmer and micro silver holo glitter. The shimmer is stronger in the sunlight, I wish my photos showed it off better. This one I did dry down with some slight bumps from the micro glitter. I'm wondering if I waited too long before I finally applied top coat. Shown is two coats plus top coat.



Provocateur is a shimmery bronzy brown creme linear holographic and micro silver holo glitter. This looks similar to Rendezvous, especially in my photos, but this is more warm toned. Shown is two coats plus top coat.



Mademoiselle is a mauve/pink creme linear holographic with subtle pink shimmer to it and micro silver holo glitter. It has a subtle mottled appearance that makes it very unique looking. Shown is two coats plus top coat.



Silhouette is a deep cool toned brown creme linear holographic with bronze shimmer and micro silver holo glitter. This is my favorite of the collection! Are you surprised? I love that it changes appearance depending on the lighting. In the sunlight it looks almost purpleish and it's just gorgeous. Shown is two coats plus top coat.


The Romantique Collection is available now through the Colores de Carol website and retails for $80/collection, or $11/each. Make sure to use my code NPSOCIETY for 10% off your order!



Colores de Carol



I would love to hear what you think about this collection! Are you obsessed with neutral shades too? Let me know which shades are your favorite.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!