Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Colores de Carol The Harvest Goddess Autumn 2016 Collection


Hey there! Before I get to today's 31 Day Challenge nail art, I have some new polishes to share with you. Colores de Carol The Harvest Goddess Autumn 2016 is a six piece collection inspired by women in mythology from different cultures around the world, representing nature and the harvest. If you want to know a little more of the meaning behind each name, you can read the descriptions on the website. I didn't want to get too wordy, so I'm focusing on the polishes. These shades are all perfect for this time of year!


Formula and application:
Colores de Carol polishes are all 5-free (meaning no Formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP, Formaldehyde Resin, Camphor). The collection is made up of six polishes, all with a different formulas, so I'll be describing them individually. They all applied really well and I didn't have any issues.

Bottle and brush:
The bottles contain .5 fl.oz./ 15ml. The brushes are skinny and round. The length is medium sized and flexes well for application. 



Inna is a white based crelly with small red, orange, yellow and gold glitters of various shapes including bar glitter. I'm typically not a fan of bar glitter so I was really surprised to find that I thought it worked well in this polish. The formula was nice and smooth and applied easily. This was three thin coats plus top coat.



Ceres is a "holographic harvest yellow with platinum micro flakes, micro gold and orange glitter". I have been wanting a shade like this for such a long time since I don't have anything like it. Unfortunately, the color really clashed with my skin tone, turning my fingers into lobster hands. That's just my experience, however I know this shade looks really good on other people. No complaints about the formula. This was two coats, it dries a little textured but was smooth after I used top coat.



Feronia is a deep olive-y forest green jelly base with holographic glitter and micro holographic flakes. A beautiful shade with lots of depth and a nice formula. This was two coats, no top coat.




Selu is a deep cherry red jelly base with pink micro glitter and a mix of holographic glitter. I love the squishiness of this polish! This was two coats, no top coat.



Autumnus is a shimmery/metallic-y orange with holographic micro flakies. A true Autumn shade. This was two coats no top coat.



Demeter is a navy blue scatter holo jelly with aqua micro glitter. Another pretty shade with lots of depth. This was two nice coats, no top coat.


Each polish retails for $11, or $60 if you buy the collection, and they are all available now at the Colores de Carol website. Make sure to use my code NPSOCIETY for 10% off your order!

Colores de Carol


What do you think of this collection? Do you have a favorite shade? I love me some white crellies, so I think Inna might be my top pick. I still love how Ceres looks in the bottle and although it didn't work with my skin tone, I'm sure it would work great in some nail art!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!