Friday, September 9, 2016

31DC2016 Day 9: Graphic Neon Rainbow


Hello everyone! Today's "inspired by rainbow" prompt is one of my very favorites of the entire 31 Day Challenge. Seriously who doesn't love a rainbow? These colors are so bright and happy and I instantly feel my mood lift looking at these nails.


For this mani I started off with a base of white polish, and applied a protective latex barrier over my skin. Then in a cup of water I added drops of clear polish, then colors in the rainbow order, then clear polish again. Instead of  watermarbleing the rings of polish, I kept them as is. For my index and middle fingers I dipped them into the bottom half on the rings. Then for my other two nails I repeated the process but reversed the rainbow order and dipped them into the top half of the rings. That was much more difficult to do as the cup I use is small and my fingers had less room to fit in at the top. Did all that make sense? For an added dimension to my design I stamped on black fading polka dots.


What I used:
KBShimmer Eyes White Out- white
Pipe Dream Polish Clearwater
Pipe Dream Polish A Night In Vegas Collection (rainbow shades)
Rica Blackout- black
Seche Vite top coat
UberChic Beauty 1-03 stamping plate


Looking back:
31 Day Challenge 2014- Rainbow Sparkle Gradient
31 Day Challenge 2013- Rainbow Gradient Celtic Knots


Does this mani make you as happy as it makes me? Let me know if you have any questions if I didn't explain it well enough. Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!