Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Potion Polish Summer In New York Collection


Hello lovelies! I have been patiently waiting for what feels like so long to share this gorgeous collection with you. The Potion Polish Summer In New York Collection is a really great mixture of both stunning and really unique shades. I have been eyeing Potion Polish for quite some time and finally made my first purchase recently (these polishes will eventually make an appearance on my blog). When Courtney asked if I would review these polishes I couldn't contain my excitement! Let me tell you, each one is even better than I expected.

These polishes have some really special subtleties about them, and some were easier to capture than others. To fully showcase these beauties I have teamed up with three of the most talented ladies I know- Very Emily, KellieGonzo, and Peachy Polish- who are all posting their reviews today too (links at the end of the post).


Formula and application:
Potion Polish are all 5-free (meaning no Formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP, Formaldehyde Resin, Camphor). All five of these polishes from the Summer In New York Collection self-level well and have really nice formulas. They all dry to a dull finish so I added a glossy top coat for all my photos. 

Bottle and brush:
The bottles contain .4 fl.oz./ 12ml. The brushes are flat, wide, and thick. It's not my favorite shape of brush and I had to take a little extra care for application. But I am forgiving because everything else was amazing.


Rooftop Movies is a medium blueish purple crelly with holo flakes and pink glass fleck glitter. I'm not always a blurple fan, but no so with this one. There's a dusty quality to this shade, and the pink glass fleck is everything! This applied very nicely in two coats. Shown with top coat.



Coney Island Coaster is a bright aqua crelly with shifty glass fleck, pink shimmer, and holo microglitter. I am so in love with this gorgeous mermaid-y shade. The pink shimmer is very visible in person and makes it so interesting, but my camera didn't want to play nice. It applied nicely and this was two thick coats, plus top coat.



Central Park Peonies is a watermelon coral crelly with holo flakes. This couldn't be more perfect for summer, and is quite a flattering shade. A really great pedi color, don't you think? The formula was great and this was two coats, plus top coat.



Times Square is a rich teal jelly filled with small holo glitter with a sparkle that doesn't quit, and a mysterious blue flash. I thought I'd seen shades like this before, but the shimmer truly made it special and totally different. It was so hard to capture on camera, but in person it's so pretty. Another great formula here. It applied great even with the amount of glitter. I did two thick coats, plus top coat.


My kitchen lighting may not be the best, but it caught that elusive shimmer much better:


Manhattan Skyline is a indigo jelly packed with red shimmer and shifting aqua-blue flakes. What can I say? It's totally stunning and again very unique. Even with the large size of the flakes, they didn't cause a problem with application. It applied smoothly, with a little bit of patchiness with the first coat, but good coverage by the second coat. Shown with top coat.



Can I say this enough? They are all gahhhhgeous! I can really see the love that Courtney puts into her creations. The Summer In New York Collection will be releasing this Friday, July 22 at 1pm EST. Each of these polishes retail at $11 and can be purchased through the Potion Polish website.

Potion Polish

Check out these ladies' reviews of the Summer In New York Collection for more beautiful swatches:




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!