Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Mommy/Daughter Twinsie Nails


Hello everyone! I have something a little different to show you today. My four year old daughter is finally kicking the habit of biting her nails, thanks to some product made for that purpose. I don't know who's more happy about this, she or I. So recently I painted her nails to celebrate her progress. She was so pleased with the final look and asked me if I would paint mine the same. I couldn't refuse her request, and these are our resulting mommy/daughter twinsie nails!

I let my daughter choose the polishes of course. Instead of letting her choose ten different ones like she does when I paint her toes, I made her stick with just two. Out of all the brands I own, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri has the widest brushes. Just my luck. Fitting that wide brush on such small nails took some finessing. I didn't do a perfect job but she's not picky.


Of course I had to add a little somepin somepin, so I stamped a pretty image for an accent nail. I painted over the image with the same polish that's on my other nails with a small brush.


What I used:
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Grape Going!-shimmery purple
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Lively Lilac-light purple
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Plummet- stamped deep purple
UberChic 3-03 stamping plate


Do any of you have kids that ask you to paint their nails? Or nieces or nephews? Do you ever paint your nails to match?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!