Friday, February 19, 2016

40 Great Nail Art Ideas: Red + Half & Half


Happy Friday everyone! Anyone have fun plans for the weekend? Today's challenge prompt is red + half and half, and I couldn't for the life of me come up with an idea. When I was good and stuck and time was running out I reached out to some nail polish friends for help. Jae of The Procrastinating Polishr shared with me this look that she had done a couple of years ago for the same prompt. I loved the look so problem solved!


I was in a hurry to get these done last night so the finished product isn't executed as well as I had hoped for. There are some good lessons of over correcting to be learned here. I actually quite like how this looks on me in person, but then I struggled to get good photos. Waa waa, I know. Last complaint, I promise. See that gorgeous golden glass fleck in the bottle? Why can't you see it on my nails? My camera refused to pick it up, but it's definitely visible.


This red polish is Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Ablazing! It's right on the precipice of being orange. I picked it up at the drugstore the other day when I saw the Sally Hansen polishes were buy one get one half off. So naturally I had to buy two four of them. It is such a pretty color and finish, I know I'll be wearing it again!


What I used:
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Ablazing!
Formula X for Sephora Dark Matter
black acrylic paint

Thank you again Jae for the inspiration! Her original look was cool especially because of the red glitter polish she used. I didn't have one like that but I think I made it work for me with what I had. These nails are so bold yet totally wearable. And if ever I should want to dress up as Harley Quinn, these are the nails I would wear.


Look below for more red nail awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!