Monday, October 6, 2014

ALIQUID Angel In Hell Partial Collection Swatches and Review

Hello lovely readers! You may know by now that I am a big Phantom of the Opera fan, as expressed in one of my most popular manis here. You may not know that I often dream about what nail polishes and collections I would create myself (who doesn't?), if I were ever to have the time, space, money, etc to create my own brand. You better believe that Phantom of the Opera has been one of the collections I've imagined! Well my theoretical creations aren't happening any day soon, if ever. Good thing someone else had the brilliant idea of making a POTO collection! That someone is ALIQUID Lacquer, and I think she did a fantastic job capturing the mystery, fantasy, and allure of the infamous Opera Ghost.

The Angel in Hell collection is comprised of six polishes. I have three of them to show you here. Each one is a unique addition to my collection. Am I biased because they're Phantom inspired? Yes, naturally. Are they still good, quality polishes? Well I've been pleased with my other ALIQUID Lacquers (here and here), so I'm not surprised that these are just as good.



Forever and a Day is my favorite of the collection, so I had to show it to you first. It's described as a "dark teal-grey polish with green, purple and iridescent flecks and ruddy brown shimmer". This is my kind of polish, with the unique neutral-ish shade and subtle but complex flecks and shimmers. For me, I still don't have much experience with these squishy jelly formulas, so I had to be careful not to overwork the first coat. The formula was good and evened out well. I used two coats, plus topcoat.



Ooo, pretty flakes!



Unending Night is a mysterious and romantic deep grape polish described as a "blackened blue-purple linear holographic polish with copper and red sparks". I don't have another purple holo quite like this. Another good formula here. Shown is two coats, plus topcoat.




Red Death is the real show stopper in this collection. There's so much drama going on here. I think it was perfect representation of the Phantom in his masquerade costume. It's described as a "blackened rust jelly base with red, silver, lime green, and yellow glitter and dark red shimmer". The formula was really good. I didn't have any issues with having to fish glitters, and they laid flat on the nail. Two coats, plus topcoat.


This may not be my personal everyday style, but what a perfect polish for Halloween! I am seriously considering wearing this with my costume this year. 



The Angel in Hell collection can be purchased from the ALIQUID Laquer Shop
Follow ALIQUID Laquer on Facebook and Instagram to stay up-to-date on new products and discounts.


What do you think of the ones I've shown? Any of them catching your eye?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!