Tuesday, September 30, 2014

31DC2014 Day 30: Inspired by Lucy's Stash's One Stroke Abstract Petals


The penultimate day of the 31 Day Challenge! I'm telling you, I am completely exhausted. I think I've been staring at the screen for about 20 minutes now without writing a thing, because my brain just wants to sleep. So I'll be succinct.
For today's Inspired by a Tutorial prompt I tried to follow this tutorial by Lucy's Stash. She is absolutely amazing with her one-stroke method manis. I have never tried the one-stroke method before and still felt a little lost after watching the video. Watching it a second time would have helped a ton, but by the time I got started with my mani the computer was occupied. So I kind of just went for it and created some random flower-like shapes.




Whatever it is, I like how it turned out! I'm still new to acrylic paints and am trying to get more experience with them. I would love to practice this method more so I can learn how to make more intentional shapes.

This GORGEOUS green sparkler underneath is piCture pOlish Kryptonite, a collaboration shade with the amazing Cathy of More Nail Polish.



What I used:
acrylic paints
Seche Vite topcoat

Last year's 31DC2013 Inspired by a Tutorial post.

Tomorrow is the last day of the Challenge! Don't forget to come back to see whose nails I've honored. I just need enough energy for one.... more.... day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!