Monday, September 29, 2014

31DC2014 Day 28: Inspired by Tibetan Prayer Flags


Hello lovelies! Today's Challenge prompt, inspired by a flag, may seem a little random to some. It's actually one that I look forward to because I am a little bit of a flag aficionado, if such a thing exists. For today's inspiration I went with prayer flags. There is a beauty in their colors, delicateness, fluidity and purpose. I tried to capture some of that beauty in this mani.



For this mani I started with a blue base color to mimic the background of the sky. For the other shades I mixed them with acetone to thin them out, then painted them on a large plastic bag. When the polish was dry I peeled them off the bag and cut them into small rectangles. I then placed them one by one onto the nail. Once they were all in place I sealed everything in with topcoat.



Working with these thin sheets of polish was like working with cotton candy. It was kind of a nightmare. Once a piece got stuck to another or became misshapen, there was no way of making it usable. Halfway through I finally enlisted my husband's help in cutting the shapes. I might have lost my sanity without it!



What I used:
Ginger + Liz The Good Life- sky blue
Zoya Purity- white
OPI The "IT" Color- yellow
Sephora by OPI I Come In Peas- green
Sinful Colors Endless Blue
love, charlotte xo (no name)- red

Last year's 31DC2013 Inspired by a Flag- the Gadsden Flag.


Only three days left of the Challenge! I am really looking forward to a good night's sleep when it's over!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!