Friday, September 26, 2014

31DC2014 Day 26: Kamon Inspired Pattern


For today's Inspired by a Pattern prompt I chose this image representational of Japanese kamon, emblems or crests that identify a family. This particular kamon is repeating in a beautiful tiled design. During my trip to Japan a few years ago I noticed similar images at every temple and castle we visited. Most of them consist of a floral or botanic motif. I loved discovering the different variations of each kamon from place to place.



Various kamon displayed at Himeji Castle.

Rooftop of Himeji Castle.



This red goes perfectly with this pattern, don't you think?



What I used:
Orly Siren- red
Konad Special Polish black
MoYou London Suki 06 stamping plate

Last year's 31DC2014 Inspired by a Pattern.


My trip to Japan with my husband was our final "hurrah" before starting our family. I wonder how many years it will be until we can go again? Looking back at these pictures now sure makes me miss it!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!