Wednesday, September 24, 2014

31DC2014 Day 23: Drive Scorpion Jacket Nails


I based today's Inspired by a Movie mani on the movie Drive. It is one of my favorite movies for a million reasons which I could go on and on about. I will be succinct and give you my top reason- Ryan Gosling. There. Nothing more needs to be said. Okay, I will mention that the rest of the cast is stellar too.

The image I tried to replicate was of the scorpion jacket that Gosling's character wears throughout the movie. This jacket is to die for! Someday I will get my hands on a replica. Until then, well, I'll just have to keep crying into my pillow.

image credit: mcmbuzz.com


I also should mention that the second reason I love this movie is the soundtrack. The soundtrack is the other sexy star of the show. It gives the movie a real ambiance that you can feel the moment the opening credits start.


The only thing I don't enjoy about the movie is the graphic violence. It's pretty cringe-inducing. So I have to close my eyes (and cover my ears) during those scenes. I guess fast-forward works too.


What I used:
Zoya Seraphina- silver
Sinful Colors Snow Me White- white
Zoya Pepper- brick red
Ulta Professional 14 Carat- gold
Wet n Wild Fast Dry Ebony Hates Chris- black

Here's what I did for for last year's 31DC2013 Inspired by a Movie post, my most pinned mani!


I feel like a real badass wearing this mani. I knew trying to photograph gold against silver would be really difficult. Still, I had to try and honor the jacket anyway. If I had this jacket, I would probably sleep in it. Is there a wardrobe piece from a movie that you lust after?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!