Saturday, September 20, 2014

31DC2014 Day 19: Guardians of the Galaxy Nails


Hey dudettes! My galaxy nails last year were geeky and I knew that I had to stay on that theme this year too. So today's mani features the Nova Corps insignia from Guardians of the Galaxy. I enjoyed almost every moment of the movie. I was probably extremely annoying in the theater, singing along to the songs and guffawing at every joke. I can't wait to watch it again! The image I based this on was from an insignia patch being sold on the interwebs here. Okay, who else really wants to buy this badge now? 





As I was making this mani I realized that this is only my second time doing galaxy nails! I think they are so fabulous, so what had taken me so long? Well I remember that last year I went a little overboard trying it for the first time, and used 18 polishes! I had a good laugh at myself thinking about it. I'm still surprised it's taken me this long. I'll have to not wait another year to do them again.



What I used:

Galaxy:
Zoya Storm, piCture pOlish Eyre, Sephora by OPI What a Broad, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Pacific Blue, Jenna Hipp Ain't Life Grape?, piCture pOlish Glitter Ball, Sinful Colors Snow Me White
Insignia:
Jenna Hipp Awards Season, black acrylic paint


Here's what I did for last year's 31DC2013 Galaxy post. Geeks and galaxies are a perfect pairing!


Have you seen Guardians of the Galaxy? Did you have a favorite part?

xx I am Emiline xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!