Friday, September 19, 2014

31DC2014 Day 18: Peekaboo Negative Space Half Moons


Hey everyone! Today I have my first ever negative space mani. Actually I'm not totally positive, but I can't remember doing one before! I've stayed away from them for a few reasons: a) My ridges are more visible without nail polish, b) I don't need to show how yellow my nails are! (they get bad at the tips), and c) I hate the feel of my nails with just topcoat on, it gives me the willies. So with all that said, and despite all my hesitations, I am really digging this look!



This lovely blue shade I used is ALIQUID Laquer I'm Heading Strait to Mackinac. I was so happy to get my hands on this polish, I can't believe it's taken me this long to wear it! When you do a half moon mani it's really helpful to use a polish that can be opaque in one coat. IHSTM is a perfect one-coater that worked really well.



I love how the stamping turned out. It gives the mani just a little more interest with that added detail. What would you call this pattern? It's like a crosshatch/basket weave hybrid.


What I used:
ALIQUID Laquer I'm Heading Strait to Mackinac- blue
OPI My Vampire Is Buff- cream
Wet n Wild Chrome Penny For Your Thoughts- copper
MoYou London Pro XL Collection stamping plate

Here's what I did for last year's 31DC2013 Half Moons post.


How do you feel about negative space manis? I've seen so many other bloggers do amazing negative space manis lately, I knew I had to try my hand (ha) at it. I think I'll be doing it again in the future!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!