Friday, September 19, 2014

31DC2014 Day 17: Mermaid Scales Glitter Placement


Hello lovelies! Today's post is more picture heavy than usual. I'm going to let the pictures do most of the talking, because they have so much to say! 



If you've ever tried to photograph a mani like this you'll understand how impossible it is to accurately capture the brilliance of the glitter. So I have a combination of indirect, artificial, and direct sunlight photos to show it off best I can.




When I showed this mani to my husband he told me, "You can't take this off!" Well, that's the downside of doing awesome nails for the Challenge. They don't last long! When it came down to it though, I really wanted to pick at the glitter. That made it much easier, emotionally, to remove.


These looked like real, honest-to-goodness scales even more in person. I photographed them without a topcoat over the glitter to make sure the detail stood out. I applied a topcoat afterwards, and it did a good job keeping them in place all day.


What I used:
Ulta Dance Teal Dance
round glitter
black rhinestones


Here's what I did for last year's 31DC2013 Glitter post. One of my favorite posts ever!!


I could seriously wear nails like this every day. Why don't I do this more often? Oh yeah.. because it took me hours to do. Hope you enjoyed!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!