Friday, September 5, 2014

31DC2014 Day 05: Blue Blobbicure


Today I bring you a new technique for me, the blobbicure. I was inspired by @anya_sobko, one of my favorites on Instagram. She comes up with some really amazing manicures (and gorgeous photos of snails)! I was totally in love the first time I saw a blobbicure. I can't believe I took so long to try it.




The blobbicure is in theory really simple and quick. Of course, I was unhappy about the size and spacing of my blobs multiple times. So after many do-overs, I was finally pleased with the overall effect.

On each nail I started with a thin coat of my base color. 

Then I had to work one nail at a time. I applied a second coat of the base color on thickly. 

Then I immediately began to add the blobs by dabbing the lighter color over the wet base. 

That's all there is to it! The fact that it's so quick and easy made it a no-brainer to redo any nail I was unhappy with.



What I used:
OPI Can't Find My Czechbook- dusty aqua
China Glaze At Vase Value- pastel blue
Seche Vite topcoat

Here's what I did for last year's 31DC2013 Blue post.

What do you think? I love the simplicity of this technique and design. Yet it's still so bold and fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!