Monday, August 18, 2014

Jenna Hipp The New Brights Swatches and Review


Hey everyone! I finally have my swatches and review of the Jenna Hipp The New Brights collection. Almost exactly one year ago I reviewed the What's Hot Now collection and I am very pleased to say that my photos have really improved since then. I am also happy to tell you that I loved this collection! I liked every single shade and didn't have any real issues with the formulas.

5 Free
Jenna Hipp polishes are 5-free, meaning they contain no Dibutyl Phthalate, Formaldehyde Resin, Formaldehyde, Toluene, or Camphor. 

Bottle and brush
The collection is eight mini bottles. Each bottle is 5ml. The bottles of the What's Hot Now collection were curved, so they could all nestle together. These bottles are elliptical shaped, so they don't fit together. 

The brushes have a short handle because they are mini bottles. The brushes are also of a medium width and are cut at a slight angle. I personally don't like the cut of the brush because you have to be aware of the direction you're holding it the whole time during application. 

Now let's take a closer look at each shade. All photos shown are without topcoat.

Just One Bite is a vibrant tomato red. It is a creme/jelly formula which made the application really smooth and even, but required three thin coats.


I Cast A Spell On Blue is a deep, almost black, blue. This is only one coat! I would probably normally wear this with two coats for a smoother surface to cover my nails' imperfections, but I wanted to show you how opaque it is with just one.


Jenna and the Giant Peach is a really pretty melon- not really a peach- creme. This shade was the only one that applied streaky on the first thin coat, but with a second thicker coat I got even coverage.


Say Yellow to My Little Friend is a bright lemony yellow creme/jelly. I was pleasantly surprised that for being a yellow the application was very smooth and not at all streaky. The jelliness of the formula really helped with that, but did require three thin coats, and still was not completely opaque.


Daft Pink is a medium pink creme/jelly with a touch of coral. I've been on such a coral kick this summer, so I really like this color. The application was smooth here too and this is three coats.


Ain't Life Grape? is a orchid purple creme. I think this shade is really lovely. Smooth application, this is two coats.


I Surf With Boys is a turquoise creme. The application was great again. I love the name of this one. It makes me want to, well, surf with boys! Not that I know how to surf or anything.. This is two coats.


We Are Mint To Be is a vibrant mint creme. It's brighter and deeper than the photo shows. I love it because I don't have another polish in this same color. Another good formula with easy application. This is two coats.


There wasn't a single dud in the whole collection. I thought every shade was flattering, and are all good staple colors to own. I will tell you that I typically avoid buying mini bottles. I don't like the smallness of the cap and brush, and I hate how quickly you go through them. The Jenna Hipp collections are comprised of 5ml bottles, which are bigger than most minis though. And because that's the only size they are available in, it's easy for me to give in. 

The New Brights collection is available at Costco locations and Costco.com, for $9.99. 

Which is your favorite? What is your relationship with mini bottles? Leave a comment and let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!