Monday, June 30, 2014

Cheeseburger In Paradise


Hello everyone! Today is a special day for Jimmy Buffett fans! I first heard the song "Cheeseburger in Paradise" while listening to my roommate's Jimmy Buffett cd. I can't remember much more of that cd because I think I would just put this one on repeat.  It's so totally ridiculous that it's impossible not to love! I've been wanting to do this for a while now and when I saw that The Lacquer Legion's June nail art prompt was "On Holiday", I knew it was the perfect fit!


I looove me some hamburgers, but I rarely eat them with cheese. I hate american "cheese", which is what most cheap hamburger joints use. So I never have cheeseburgers at a fast food place. I'm also not a raw onion connoisseur, so I leave those off too. Call me picky if you will, but if you're going to enjoy the perfect burger, it's got to be done right!

"I like mine with lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and french fried potato..."

When I first imagined this mani, I remembered the hamburger nail art from this post on Chalkboard Nails last year. Since Sarah's nail art is always perfection, I used it as a guide to make my cheeseburger.


For all of you herbivores, you can pretend this is a veggie burger. ;P


This song will be stuck in my head forevvvvveeeerrr...

What I used:

For the sunset gradient and palm trees:
OPI The "It" Color- yellow/orange
OPI Party In My Cabana- pink
Zoya Robyn- blue
Wet n' Wild Ebony Hates Chris- black
(For the cheeseburger, Heinz bottle, and fries, I mixed together most of the of the colors, so I'm not listing them)


For those of you who have yet to be initiated, here is the song in all its glory-
What's your favorite way to eat a hamburger/cheeseburger? Of course, if there were a Utah version of the song, there would be a bottle of fry sauce instead of ketchup. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!