Friday, May 16, 2014

Birch and Umbel Nails Snippet


Hello everyone! Today's post is short and sweet. Enjoy!





I started with a base color using OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.

The umbel shapes on my index, middle and pinky were made using MoYou Pro Collection XL 14 stamping plate. I stamped with OPI You Don't Know Jacques first, then on top used Konad Special Polish in black.

On my thumb and ring finger, I free-handed the stripes with a long striper brush, then applied top coat so the glitter wouldn't smudge the stripes. Then I added the glitter layer using Sephora by OPI The Golden Age. I was going for something abstract, but in the end all I could think of was birch trees... with glitter.

I finished everything off with a coat of Seche Vite.


I was just about to put top coat on my thumb when it suddenly was attacked by the lint roller I had sitting nearby for cleanup. Those things don't seem that sticky, but they sure stick to nail polish! It totally destroyed the polish on the upper right quarter of my thumb thumb nail. I was sooo irritated, but I fixed it and got it all to blend together. In the end you couldn't even tell there was an accident! I still have it out for that lint roller though..


What I used:
OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls- base color
OPI You Don't Know Jacques- brown
Konad Special Stamping Polish in Black
Sephora by OPI The Golden Age- glitter
MoYou Pro Collection XL 14 stamping plate

What do you think? For me, this mani makes me feel like taking a walk in the woods. While reading poetry. On Prince Edward Island. ;)

3 comments:

  1. I love it! It reminds me of graphic art from the 50s. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know the significance of umbels in my family, don't you?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!