Monday, April 21, 2014

My Favorite Polishes Right Now For Spring


Since starting Nail Polish Society, I've gravitated toward more opaque nail polish formulas. An opaque creme polish is usually quick to apply, and fantastic for nail art. Sadly, for that reason, many of my other polishes have been neglected in the past few months.
Although lately, I've been yearning for the light, fresh, shades of Spring. It's been nice to revisit some sheerer formulas, I didn't want them to feel forgotten! :)
I had so many pretties to choose from, it took some time to narrow down my choices so that this post wasn't a mile long. Here are five of the polishes that I'm enjoying this season.


Nail Tek Hydration Therapy Morning Dew is a lemongrass green with yellow-gold microshimmer. I don't think it could get any more "Spring" than this. I love how fresh and cheerful this shade is. I used two coats, and the formula was easy to work with.

This photo best shows how the microshimmer makes the polish glow.

I purchased Morning Dew at Marshall's for about $5 I think. It's the first Nail Tek polish I've bought, so I didn't even know where they were available ( their color ones). I'm still not really clear on that, but I'm so glad I randomly came across this one!


Ulta Salon Formula Peach Parfait is a subdued melon in a creme/jelly formula. I like how mellow and squishy this polish is. The formula is on the sheer side but still easy to work with. I used three coats.

I purchased this at Ulta for $2.00. The full retail price is $6.00, but they are frequently on sale.


Sinful Colors Cinderella is a medium toned baby blue in another creme/jelly base with pink and orange glass flecks. This is a cute and girly shade, and the name Cinderella is very fitting. The shimmer from the glass flecks isn't overwhelmingly obvious, but still visible and adds a nice dimension. It was a little more sheer than I had hoped, I needed three coats.

I purchased Cinderella at Kmart for $1.99. Sinful Colors are sold at most drugstores and mass retailers like Walmart, but I never see all the shades in one place. My local Kmart seemed to have the best selection available out of most the stores I've shopped at.


Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle Loyal Lavender is a dusty lavender with prominent pink microshimmer. I LOVE this color. I am always on the lookout for a nice greyish purple, but one that is not too grey. This pink shimmer adds another interesting layer to this unique polish. The formula was more sheer than I hoped, but I still got a decent application with three coats.

I purchased Loyal Lavendar at Walgreens last Fall. It was on sale so I don't remember the price and I'm not sure if this shade is still available :(

Deborah Lippmann La Vie en Rose is a gorgeous white-ish pink, with pink and gold shimmer. The formula is very sheer, making the shimmer stand out from the base. This is a very work appropriate polish, but it's not at all boring! I used three coats here.

The shimmer is most visible in this photo, but it's still more obvious in person.

La Vie en Rose is now officially the most expensive nail polish I own. I purchased it at Nordstrom for $18. I really didn't want to spend that much, but after I swatched a little on my nail at the store, I couldn't stop thinking about it. It's limited edition and I just knew I'd regret it if I didn't have it.


What do you think of the shades? What polishes are you wearing that are Spring-worthy? Let me know in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely shades, especially the lemongrass green! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not big on green, but that one is just so pretty.

      Delete
  2. Peach Parfait is my favorite, but the lemongrass green is a very close second.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!