Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Nude Nail With Two Toned Tips



Today I have a subtle and elegant mani for you. I've had this is mind for a long time. I think now was a good time for something simple, because I have some crazy stuff in mind for December. I don't know how many of my ideas will be realized and make it to the blog. I hope at least a few of them do! (They always seem super awesome in my head, but don't always turn out that way!) 



In this mani I really wanted to show off the base color, Barry M Lychee. I love this shade and the formula is pretty good too! When I bought this polish I also got PiCture POlish Splendour in the same order, along with some others. I tried the two together and was pleasantly surprised by the results. I loved the subtlety of the pair.  


I started with two coats of Barry M Lychee. When it was completely dry, I taped off a small section at the tip of each nail with striping tape. I applied one coat of Ulta Twilight to the taped off section and removed all the tape. Then I repeated the process with one coat of Zoya Pepper, this time with the tape going the other direction, overlapping the section already painted. Then over the entire nail I applied one coat of PiCture POlish Splendour. Splendour adds just a little bit of extra specialness with those beautiful flakies. It was all finished off with a coat of Seche Vite.




What I used:
Barry M Lychee
Ulta Twilight
Zoya Pepper
PiCture POlish Splendour
Seche Vite top coat

I think this could be pulled off in a more conservative office work environment. I've never had that kind of job before, so I couldn't say for sure. But I have a pretty good feeling about it :).
Thanks for reading (or just looking if you didn't read any of the other text)! Leave a comment and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. This mani is so classy!
    Could you do a mani with just Ulta Twilight? I want to get a better look at it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!