Thursday, August 22, 2013

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Color Blocking

Thank goodness for nail polish, because I do not do color blocking with my wardrobe. I think it looks great on other people, but I personally don't feel comfortable in that much color. Good thing my nails have more confidence!
I spent some time arguing with myself, trying to decide which colors to use (I won in the end). Maybe I have too many colors to choose from? Here's the combination I decided on. 







What I used:
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Brisk Blue, Peachy Breeze, and Pronto Purple.

This is the first time I've used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polishes. My initial idea was to have a third block of color on each nail, but I ran out of time. They don't dry as "insta"ntly as I had hoped. Part of that is because the peach and blue went on a little thick. Sometimes thick is necessary to get the opacity that you need, but the peach needed extra help to cover the darker colors. That made the polish turn into bubble city, but thankfully you can't tell in the photos! I found the brushes challenging to work with too. So I wouldn't reach for these polishes for a simple manicure, but I can see their usefulness for future nail art.

How do you feel about color blocking your outfit? Is it a go-to look for you, or just for when you're feeling extra bold?



2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! Your writing cracks me up.

    I think color blocking can look really awesome! Like you, I've been a little afraid of color. My wardrobe is mostly blues and beiges. I only recently bought a couple coral-colored shirts, but I love them! Since I'm about to re-enter the workforce, I want to update my wardrobe with some happy, bright colors! (I just need somebody to teach me how to do it).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After someone teaches you how, you can teach me how. :)

      Delete

I love to hear your comments!